Foodie Friday: Chocolate Chip Cookies

Happy Friday! Today I’m going with a classic, deliciously chewy chocolate chip cookies. These really are just perfect, sure to satisfy all of your sweet cravings.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp sea salt
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Begin by melting the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. I like to brown my butter a bit to get a rich, nutty flavor. Then, pour the melted butter into a medium sized mixing bowl and add the sugars and salt. Whisk until fully combined and slightly cooled. Then, add vanilla extract and the egg and whisk until light and fluffy. Add in the flour and baking soda, mix with a rubber spatula until just combined. Finally, add in the chocolate chips. Allow the batter to chill for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator prior to scooping and baking. These make about 24 cookies and freeze great so you can save some for later! To freeze them, place scooped dough on a platter and freeze, then you can transfer them to freezer-safe bags. They keep in the freezer for up to 3 months, but I doubt they'll last that long without being eaten! Fresh batter takes about 10 minutes to bake and frozen batter takes 11-12 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes or so and enjoy!

Kitchen Witchery
When I bake, I instantly feel the vibes in my home rise. It's warm. It's inviting. It's comfort. If I'm having a tough day, I stir my batter counter clockwise with the intention to banish any negative vibes. If I'm just looking to spend some time and make memories with my children, I stir clockwise with the intention for happiness and gratitude. This works for any intention you'd like to infuse into your food because remember, a kitchen witch's wand is her wooden spoon!

Until next time, sending blessings your way✨

Comments

Popular Posts