Meditation, Visualization, Grounding.

Artist Unknown
Meditation has been one of the most important parts of my spiritual journey, but beginning to practice meditation can be really difficult. It's hard to sit in stillness when for so long all you've known is the constant chatter of your mind. It's easy to become discouraged, too, if you believe you're not meditating properly. Here's the thing though, there really is no right or wrong way to meditate. Eyes open or closed, standing or sitting-- This is a practice that is unique to you.

I began meditating as a way to cope with the anxiety I was experiencing. I was always trying to veer away from medication so I was constantly experimenting with holistic ways for dealing with it. So, when I felt anxiety creeping up, I'd try to talk myself down, work with crystals, or use lavender essential oil to calm myself. When my usual coping mechanisms started to become less effective and my anxiety became unbearable, I knew something else had to be done. I can't tell you exactly who or what gave me the push to begin meditating, all I know is I'm thankful I did. At first, I was not able to let go of my thoughts. I'd sit there in silence with my eyes closed as my mind raced 100 miles a minute... but it was okay, because sitting in stillness even for a few minutes helped ease my anxiety. Slowly, through daily practice, I was able to improve my meditation technique, manage my anxiety, and learn even more than I'd expected-- to be mindful and live in the present.  Even if your mind wanders, stick with your meditation practice. Over time, without even realizing it, you will form a practice that is perfect, incredibly beneficial and unique to you.

Meditation is a way to become connected. For me, this connection is to myself, to my breath, to my core truth and highest self but also to Mother Earth, The Universe, Source. When our minds are clear and silent, we are able to hear and feel our truth, we are able to connect to our intuition and receive channeled messages from the Divine. These messages can come in the form of numbers, colors, or images seen during meditation. Through meditation, the Divine, our spirit guides, and our higher self are assisting and leading us to the path which is in alignment to our core truth and life purpose.

I'd like to share with you some of the visualizations I incorporate into my daily meditation practice. I begin all of my meditations with grounding. I envision myself standing under a canopy of trees in the middle of an enchanted forest. I activate my root chakra (red) and see roots growing from my energy center near the bottom of my pelvic floor, down my legs, out through my feet, delving deep into the Earth's core. I am connected to the Earth, giving her all that no longer serves me and receiving her balanced, grounding energy. I then open and clear all of my other chakras. I do this by visualizing each energy center, from 1 (root) through 7 (crown,) as a blossoming flower in its corresponding color-- Root: red, sacral: orange, solar plexus: yellow, heart: green, throat: blue, third eye: indigo/purple, crown: violet/lavender. As these energy centers bloom I visualize them spinning, clearing off any lower vibrational energies and blockages. I then see a pillar of white light shining from above, connecting and aligning my chakras and encompassing my roots. Finally, if I would like to, I see my third eye waking and opening. Through this exercise I am grounded to the Earth, connected and open to the Divine, and I am balanced and aligned.

If you're having trouble meditating, I urge you to keep practicing. Sit in stillness for 5 minutes to start. You don't have to close your eyes, you can keep a soft gaze, or you can even light a candle and look delicately into the flame. If you're finding it difficult to practice in your home, try getting out in nature and asking Mother Earth to assist in calming your mind. We have so many resources today that assist us in our practice, as well. When I first began, the Calm app helped me tremendously with their timed guided meditations-- specifically their beginner guided meditations like "7 Days of Calm" and "7 Days of Calming Anxiety." You can also find many free guided meditations on YouTube which include calming anxiety, releasing anger, and connecting to your higher self, to name a few. There are so many different ways to practice-- do what feels right for you.

Join me in practicing mindfulness and living in the present moment every day.
Until next time, sending blessings your way ✨

Comments

Popular Posts