Are You An Empath?


Image result for empath energy

With the sun now in cancer, Neptune in retrograde, and Venus square Neptune on the 24th, our emotions are heightened, to say the least. Specifically if you're an empath, you may be feeling ultra sensitive or even a bit paranoid. I want to expand a little more about what it means to be an empath and how we can keep ourselves centered in astrological times like these.

An empath is someone who can feel what other's are feeling, can feel the energy all around them, and may even unintentionally take on the emotions that other's are feeling. Sensing a pattern here? It’s all about FEELING. Being an empath can be exhausting! Especially if you're someone like me, who had no idea what was going on. Why was I irritable all of the sudden? Where did this anxiety come from? Or how come I was feeling so sad for no apparent reason? Don't take this the wrong way, I feel irritable and sad from time to time all on my own (I AM a moody cancer ♋) but those are MY OWN. It took me a while to decipher whether I was experiencing my emotions or the emotions of someone else, and I still have to take a step back and figure it out most of the time. I want to dive a little bit deeper into what it's really like to be an empath and help you figure out if this is a gift that you possess as well.

First and most prevalent, being an empath allows you to literally feel what another person is feeling. You can be in their presence (or even on the phone!) and experience their emotions. It's more than just empathizing with them or understanding where they're coming from, it's feeling with them. This is the main reason some refer to being an empath, or clairsentient, as a curse. But think about this, imagine being able to feel someone so deeply that you can help pull them from their darkness or experience their joy-- and fully be present in that moment, with those authentic feelings, with them. This brings a whole new meaning to living, and is nothing resembling a curse.

Empath's usually have a hard time in crowds. Just being in public can bombard you with all different types of energies. Have you ever walked into a room and just felt the vibe... good, bad or awkward? I recall being so anxious around any large amount of people. Whether I was at a party, the mall, or a concert, it felt like constant work just to be there socializing, or not socializing... just to be there existing. It was so hard for me to stay in all that energy, feeling completely out of control.

Beyond feeling and taking on emotions, if an empath has not protected themselves properly, they may even take on physical illnesses of others. Most empaths are healers. They are best at energy work, reiki, and even specializing in herbal medicine. Some of the best doctors and other healthcare professionals are empaths and they are not even aware of their gift. This is why it is so important to become in tune with this part of yourself, not only to help others but to protect your physical body as well.

Speaking of physical illness, does watching violent, disturbing scenes in TV shows or movies make you want to vom? Me, too. I LOVE horror movies and gory TV shows as much as the next witch, but most of the time it's really difficult for me to watch and enjoy. I'm that person who watches with their hands over their eyes, peeking through a slight split in their fingers... it's painful. Empaths usually have a tough time watching people... and animals... and trees... any living thing, really... undergo any kind of pain, in life and on film.

Empaths are prone to feeling lower vibrational energies, and sometimes they can get stuck with them. But you don't have to. Throughout my life I took every "Are You An Empath?" quiz out there and always received the same answer... "YES!" But for some reason I never embraced it. I never wanted to learn more about this gift and eventually, it began to haunt me. At that time I was debilitated by anxiety, so much so that I didn't even want to leave my house. I tried therapy, I tried medication... Nothing seemed to help me entirely. It wasn't until I spoke with a psychic and energy healer, who explained to me how I was mistaking other's energy as my own, that I finally decided to accept and embrace this aspect of myself... and I'm so grateful I did. I just want to take a moment to acknowledge that therapy and medication helped me tremendously at certain times of my life, but at this time in particular, it was best for me to wean myself off of both and explore a more spiritual path for self development and improvement. This led me to meditation and grounding, two very important things that helped me change my life.

I'm going to expand on my meditation journey in my next post but I can't stress enough how much it has helped ground me and get in tune with my inner self. I can finally embrace the more positive aspects of being an empath. Empaths have this inner wisdom, this knowing, that makes the physical world easier to navigate. We have the ability to effectively communicate with others and help them feel as if they are really being heard. We are magnets for advice seekers which allows us to share our wisdom and help others in need. Most importantly though, for me, is an empath's ability to heal. As long as an empath is able to ground and protect themselves properly, (i'll get into this more in my meditation post) we have the ability to use this gift for the highest good.

Did any of this resonate with you? If it did, I'm here to tell you don't wait! Don't wait until your crippled by emotions you can't explain. Don't wait to take 5 more "Are You An Empath?" quizzes. Don't wait for someone else to tell you. YOUR TIME IS NOW. Embrace your clairsentience, harness your power, and together we can change the world.

Until next time, sending blessings your way ✨



Photo Credit: https://powerful.tv/

Comments

Popular Posts